Saturday, June 30, 2012

3D Play


3D Play Exhibition 
Although it has been and gone this show has occupied a sigificant portion of my life for the last 9 months. It was a concept that Niki and I developed and put to Light Square Gallery last year. We made a wish list of artists whose work we thought would be fab in the show and then asked them. And they all said yes!

The exhibition ran through May and I feel it was a geat success. We had a brill opening with Dr. (!) Julie Henderson interviewing each of us for the audience. It was a bit different, but Julie was keen to show people the passions that drive artists to make their work.

The idea for the show was that we play with Western ideas about 3D representation in a playful and thoughtful way. I made a series of drawings, origami stars and a video all intended to be viewed with anaglyph (red/green) glasses. My inspiration was my own experience of not being able to see 3D movies easily and suffering a migraine when I do. So it was a journey about yearning for transcendance...

Constellation 1 (detail)
Swing (video still)

No comments:

Post a Comment